SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN TO IMPROVE RAIL SERVICES FOR NOTTINGHAM, NEWARK AND LINCOLN
Nottingham and Lincoln are two of the major cities that drive economic growth in the East Midlands. The railway line through Newark Castle that connects the two has a train service that is arguably one of the worst in the UK. The service frequency is around half that of some seaside branch lines and the fastest journey time is slower than over 100 years ago with an average time of no less than 60 minutes for the 33¾ mile end-to-end journey.
It’s time for change and we are mounting a campaign to persuade Government that there is a persuasive argument for improvements to the service between Nottingham, Newark and Lincoln. Without these improvements the economic development of the areas will be seriously affected. Join us now by clicking on the petition button below. Our aim is to get over 5,000 signatures and secure change.
IMPROVEMENTS FOR RAIL PASSENGERS USING NOTTINGHAM AS NEW CASTLE LINE TIMETABLE CONFIRMED
- Castle Line links Nottingham with Newark and Lincoln
- Over £2m of local and government funding providing significant increase in East Midlands Trains services
- Passengers will benefit from more services and faster journey times
- New services start Monday 18th May
Rail passengers using Nottingham will soon be enjoying extra services and quicker journeys, following the confirmation of the new timetable for the Castle Line this week.
As announced by East Midlands Trains in September, services between Nottingham, Newark Castle and Lincoln Central will see significant improvements following more than £2million of local and government funding. Passengers using Nottingham will benefit from:
- Additional 25 trains every weekday between Newark Castle and Nottingham
- Faster journey times on the majority of services to Lincoln
- Extending the majority of the current Matlock to Nottingham services to Newark Castle
- More trains for all stations, with intermediate stations enjoying more weekday services than ever before
- See more at: http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/information/media/news/Improvements-for-Rail-Passengers-using-Nottingham-as-new-Castle-Line-timetable-confirmed/#sthash.1W64lbhv.dpuf